Virtual Thai Keyboard

khunsanuk

You have to excuse any wrong directions here 'cause my OS in not in English and I have to guess what it's called on your system:

Go to Start Menu --> All Programs --> Utilities

There you'll find a folder which I simply have no idea what it's called in English (assistance? aid? helpers? have no idea!). It should however be at the very top. In there you'll find the built-in virtual keyboard.

Another option is to go to Start Menu --> Run and type 'charmap' (without quotes). This however is not a virtual keyboard but can be used to type Thai or any other languages for which you have corresponing fonts on your system.

OK. On my xp Home, you also have to install the Thai language option from the contol panel. Then you get a tray icon to switch you keyboard, real or virtual, to Thai script (or Chinese or whatever you install.

So 1st I switch the keyboard and then bring up the virtual one.

Visual Keyboard download (this one can be resized so it's easier to see the characters)

Overview:

Microsoft Visual keyboard supports typing in more than one language on the same computer by showing you a keyboard for another language on your screen. You might use Visual Keyboard when you change your keyboard layout from one language to another. When you change keyboard layouts, the characters you see as you type might not correspond with your keyboard. Visual Keyboard lets you see the keyboard for the language you've switched to on your screen so that you can either click the keys on your screen or see the correct keys to press to enter text..... MS Visual keyboard

• 6 months later...

I tried to use the keyboard, but TG couldn't understand what I wrote. If I type " how weather there?" will it translate into thai, so it's able to be read by her?

Please PM me with a response.

thanks heaps!

Archived