Bangkok Mouth Phil

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys, Hi Khun Sanuk,

Nice to know that at least a few people do remember the Bangkokmouth website LOL By God, I spent a lot of hours doing that over a two-year period.

I think like many other webmasters (Mango Sauce is a good example) you get to a point where you say "hang on, this is all very well and good, but it doesn't make any money and takes up heaps of my time" But I certainly enjoyed compiling the website at the time.

Yes, I did get married last year and have also just finished building a house, so it was a very hectic 2004. I still spend about three hours a day on the net but devote all my time to ajarn.com and its discussion forum (that certainly makes a bit of money) and ooops....I forgot to renew the Bangkokmouth domain name. I think most people had bookmarked the freeservers address anyway.

I must do something with all that content. One of these days. One of these days LOL

A belated Happy New Year to everyone and all the best for 2005

Yes, I did get married last year and have also just finished building a house, so it was a very hectic 2004.

Gidday Phil ! So good to hear from you, and distressing to realise that you do have a life beyond the cyber-world we share ::

We never mention that *other* board here on NP, so I'm expecting the mods to edit your post any minute now - keep the faith, and do pop in from time to time.

Seeya,

Artie

artiew said:

We never mention that *other* board here on NP, so I'm expecting the mods to edit your post any minute now - keep the faith, and do pop in from time to time.

What? Am I the only one that has been glued to the screen awaiting the next instalment of 'I woke up feeling Thailand'. Truly horrible. Cringe factor 10

Sorry dude, I don't know where you get that from - I didn't criticise the site or its contributers; far from it - I am one myself.

My fault for being cryptic but I know that some posters on here also post there and I was referring somewhat obliquely to a thread that appeared, spam-like, by a would be Dean Barrett who had written a 'book', self-published it, and was giving up samples on ajarn.com.

Sorry dude, I don't know where you get that from - I didn't criticise the site or its contributers; far from it - I am one myself.

You've misinterpreted me, Carew - I was referring to my own sarcasm whenever Ajarn is mentioned on NP. I know that many of our members belong to a number of boards, but I only have enough time to check Nana each day. I also find that the incidence of uncontrolled flaming seems higher on the other boards that I have (admittedly rarely) visited.

Archived