Excerpt-TF's latest "One Night in Foodland" 4/19

One Night in Foodland

by TurkFist

"When I saw the whore I knew I knew her. I didn't know why I knew I knew her. I didn't know where I knew her from. But then again it didn't matter. I was settling on a defeated evening and there she was. Her sweet small body packed tightly into a pair of sky blue jeans with a loose striped man's shirt delicately outlining her cleavage as she stretched out to pick up a tin of something.

She read the tin like it was poetry. She knew she was being watched and she enjoyed taking everything just that little bit slow. Her lips shimmered the same reddish black colour of the Bangkok sky. She wasn't young. Somewhere between thirty five and forty five but her face had the kind of sweet and sensuous character that ages well. She had the kind of inner smile that, back home in the UK, we call filthy.

She turned a corner and a jar of pickles that, moments earlier, had seemed the most exciting thing in my life, lost all meaning to me."

To read more of this great story, and many others by TurkFist go to the far upper right hand corner of the front page and click the red tab ?Upgrade Now? and sign up as a Silver member.

The Forum Moderator

• 2 months later...

Foodland!

I find Foodland a good place. First, there's Foodland. The Supermarket. Very decent product line. Great butcher products, outstanding bakery.

Then there's the place. It's not just a supermarket...it's the super-comprehensive indian-arab-western-thai supermarket in Sukhumvit soi5 with the "took lae dii" (cheap and good) eating-bar, open 24/7, where Thai working ladies and Farangs dare to find satisfying grub when they are tired or lazy and where they can see people they never wanted to meet or see again. "Took lae dii" is - let me climb the lofty loft - a Thai Lady Liberty: "Give Me Your Tired, Poor and Huddled Masses.."

It's a good place.

Sorry for interrupting...go on Turk (inside, please)

• 1 year later...

I like Foodland. Shop there on most visits. Nice bakery. Good sweets are difficult to find in LOS. And then there is the restaurant in front. Pretty good half decent meals.

I, too, read the cans carefully, as some of these items are not found back home.

Nice place.

• 5 months later...

I made a beeline to Foodland on Soi 5 last October when I arrived in BKK. They have a fried macaroni dish with chicken or shrimp that is amazing. I asked staff about MSG on one of my visits and was advised they don't use it. Bonus. Frequently busy, and always an interesting cross section of foreigners and locals. The store carries Duang Dee Hill Tribe coffee, sometimes hard to find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are now many more great Turkfist stories over on www.thailandstories.com

There are already 26 TurkFist stories in the 'Mature' area of the site, here: http://www.thailandstories.com/index.php?do=cat&total=26&cid=3&sort=date&order=desc&page=1

And many more in the non-mature areas of ThailandStories now as well.

Check them out. I love getting my TurkFist fix. His most recent, titled 'Manhater', was just this past week or so and can be read here: http://www.thailandstories.com/article/fiction/manhater.html

Cent

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived