my final post on the board

-.-.-

I am really going to miss all of you but I think it is best for me to leave the board.

1. Some months ago I had a problem with a poster who admitted certain things that nobody with even a shred of intelligence would dare to admit online. Not only did he admit it but then defended it.

After some PMs back and forth we decided that he would try to make things right and, to his credit, he apologized for that and some other past wrongs to others by private PM..

From my point of view I considered the matter closed and was happy that I did not ever have to deal with someone like this again. Recently I have learned that of the many people - perhaps dozens of people- that could have personal reasons to take action against this person some are going ahead with it.

At some point this person will blame me for the actions of the many people he has wronged in the past. A good rule of thumb is that if it illegal in your own country there is a good chance it is illegal in other countries and if you have gone after other people in the past then there is a chance an admission this stupid could be used against you.

If you do happen to cross certain lines look around and hope that nobody notices and never do it again. DO NOT, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, admit your failing and then defend it online. Especially not on your employers network as they can then be liable in a civil court. Most especially if there have ever been past warnings or complaints.

2. Belgian Boy- [unsubstantiated personal crap removed]

3. Khun Sanuk- would it be possible to lock the user name himitsu? I don't mean past posts- I stand by anything I wrote- but rather the message function. It needs to be apparent that PMs cannot be sent to himitsu and that I cannot in any way be contacted through the board.

I do not want NanaPlaza to have any involvement in a posters self-destruction and it would be unfair to continue on the board knowing how serious this may become.

Thanks very much for running this board so well. My sanity is kept intact for the long periods that I have been away from Thailand. I hope that someday you make a fortune from this board as the headache and aggravation of running it means you surely deserve it in my book.

Very best regards - I have enjoyed this board immensely in the last five years.

Himitsu

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've enjoyed your posts over the years, and while I regret your decision to leave it is yours. I don't pretend to know ANYTHING about what is going on behind the scenes here :dunno: I hope it is nothing too sinister, and regret that things like this can happen in a fun cyberspace board of all places.

I am not always that great at keeping up with what goes on in the nooks and crannies of this site :drunk: Anyway to get back on track and talk about himitsu. I will say I hope everything turns out well, and on the up and up with whatever comes in the months ahead.

Cheers,

the_numbers

Hi,

"Khun Sanuk- would it be possible to lock the user name himitsu? I don't mean past posts- I stand by anything I wrote- but rather the message function."

As Elef already pointed out, yes this is possible through a setting in your My Home.

"I hope that someday you make a fortune from this board"

So do I, but I rather doubt it will ever happen :)

Anyway, sorry to see you leave.

Sanuk!

Himitsu:

I read your post then read it again. If you have something going on by PM, or in your private life, then keep it private.

Or expose it.

But this middle of the road post of yours is a bad idea. Cryptic insinuations are bullshit and better left to gossiping woman. If you are going to quit the board then just do it. We don't need the sensationalism of how you know a special secret.

Hi KS

As you have deleted my post without even an explanation or indication you have done so I probably should explain the reasoning behind it. I have watched over the past year many posters veer away from having a discussion on a particular topic to having an intellectual arm wrestle full of felatious arguments rarely relating to the OP. Often it is the same ones time and time again. I get a distinct feeling that too many posters make personal judgements on others based on what is said on the board. Guilty of it myself. What I have learn though over time is that it is better just to stay away from it and not get caught up in it. Today I read from beginning to end the entire "Should Buffhello be allowed etc" I remember I posted at the beginning and thought it would just die a slow death. But no......it took the thread to be locked before it ended. I was surprised to see that what kept the thread going was not the OP but individuals taking shots at each other. So when I saw himitsu farewell post who incidently I know nothing about I noticed that it had to be done with a final shot at other posters. Thought it was all so boring.........same dog different dick..........(no offence to ND intended). That's why my post only consisted of :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: Just my way of saying what I thought.

Hi,

Bust1, okay, looks like you were a victim of the Quick Reply feature then as your post seemed a reply to the_numbers' post who took offence to it and responded not very nicely. Upon seeing those 2 posts I figured the easiest way to solve it was to just delete both of them.

Sanuk!

Archived