Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you are right - its an amazing thread

Yeah, and thanks to not only one person, but to a whole bunch of guys.

Carlton, Adikgede, Gado-Gado, Possessed Seoul, Bintang, Mojito, Long Gun, Minuman, yourself (sorry for the ones I forget) were all great added-value contributors, not only with judicious infos about the sex-scene in JKT, but also with lots of elaborate posts about indonesian women psyche, life in Indonesia or cultural and touristic topics.

Hats off to them. They have created a myth.

was in jkt last month...only for a long weekend alas...still, it must be the easiest place anywhere to pick up non-pro fun chicks...

bats sucked, i thought...full of older sausage and mediocre-looking working girls...you'll do better at a starbucks...

stadium is still most excellent...though probably not suited for those who like their evening chemical-free and be home before brunchtime...

Adikgede is a legend in my book - not sure if he reinvented himself and now posts under another name, but some of his posts were so in-depth that they made a lot of the stuff in Nightlife look like scrawl in a schoolyard toilet, at least IMO.

cw, thanks for the update. If there was a common thread to Prosal and Carlton's posts, it was their love of the doof-doof clubs and I suspect that your 'chemical-free' comment would apply to many of their old haunts. Personally, I preferred somewhere with a live band, even if they were just blasting out covers of the top 40 at the time .... :smirk:

• 1 month later...

not sure if jakarta is easier to pickup (non pros) in than than the other Asian hot spots like BKK, KL, HoChiMinh, PhanomPenh etc but sure they girls there do have a certain happy go lucky attitude that I liked/experienced since my very first visit & at my last visit beginning of this year I still liked Stadium although I would say it's a s hard as ever to avoid pros or posing non pros (does 100k+ taxi money in the morning count a non pro LOL) there ;)

however dragonfly was fun as was the malls & coffeshops as usual or even the hotel clerks - they still got this unspoiled innocence & fun loving style as most BKK chicks lost I guess when the 100th farang tried to get in their pants for nothing ;)

(does 100k+ taxi money in the morning count a non pro LOL) there

This is what I posted here long before. I was whoring in Jakarta 20 years ago and didn't even realize it! Places like JayaPub, or even singers in the hotel lounge. I thought the poor dears just needed taxi fare. :)

The posters mentioned above by GD certainly were knowledgeable about the place and shared good info. Being out of touch with the country it was interesting to read.

Archived