airport bus

allatsea2000

somehow I do not see the point of saving 150 baht after a long plane ride to get to your hotel,

if you are a backpacker OK, but I thought we were past that !

OC

It was not me who took the Airport bus :hubba:

But I did try the 552 from Savanaboum to Sukhumvit and back last friday, no repeat for me neither.

somehow I do not see the point of saving 150 baht after a long plane ride to get to your hotel,

OC

I almost always took the airport bus from Don Muang to my hotel, unless it had just left. 150 baht aint much, but it's still an extra 150 in your pocket. The bus is comfortable and always takes the expressway. You also don't have to worry about getting some wise ass taxi driver who wants to fuck with the meter, which I don't like dealing with after that long plane ride.

somehow I do not see the point of saving 150 baht after a long plane ride to get to your hotel' date='

OC[/quote']

I almost always took the airport bus from Don Muang to my hotel, unless it had just left. 150 baht aint much, but it's still an extra 150 in your pocket. The bus is comfortable and always takes the expressway. You also don't have to worry about getting some wise ass taxi driver who wants to fuck with the meter, which I don't like dealing with after that long plane ride.

Plus the sob story some drivers give you about how poor they are.

One guy said he sleeps in his car and can never see his family.

Another guy wouldn't turn on the meter, from the taxi stand at DM, until I argued. He made me so angry, I raised my voice, something I rarely do. He drove all the way to the first toll before he put the meter on.

Some of the ticket girls were very hot and occasionally, flirty. One of them I would have loved to get to know better.

Although a long flight, I enjoyed sitting on the bench, for 20 minutes or so, taking it all in. Acclimating, so to speak.

Archived