The GReat Thailand Dream...?

junglesoup

i like that idea ct,gold members get to ring the bell once a week :beer:

its the small things that make a big difference for example when me and my mates went to samui there was a small bar will free pool(one table)

but if you won 7 in a row you got a free drink.

we where there nearly everynight not for the free drink but for the pride of 7 in a row as it was so hard to do.

we had a great laugh and the owner and bar girl got involved. :up::up:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Nobody gets wealthy if he doesn't invest or risk something, maybe everything!'

you hit the nail on the head CT.

you need something different to make your mark.

some of your ideas are well thought of and time will tell wether they work and i wish you all the success.

i have always thought of a business oppurtunity in Thailand which has not been filled yet.

a BJ Bar on Phuket......... :elephant:

i enjoyed the experience at Lolita's and a BJ Bar is perfect for a Man who makes an excuse to disappear from his family for 15 minutes.

as Patong is so small an excuse to visit an Internet Cafe would sound plausible to Wifey.

I have to step in here with my perspective. All this talk of successful businesses and such is really great, but the true money in working in Thailand (and anywhere overseas) is in the MNCâ??s. Sure there are the success stories (like what is the guy that owns Minor Foods or anyone know J. Stamp?) and maybe even CT (taking into account you can be anyone you want you want on the Internet), but of the really successful people I know, and I mean people that have literally millions in investments waiting for them to retire, virtually everyone of them is a long term (20+ years) overseas worker.

So all of you hoping to make it big quick in a third world country, I strongly suggest you get a process engineering degree real quick, put in a couple years of some serious work in a home office, and then go overseas. There is still probably about 7-0 years left in the O&G boom.

TH

I have to step in here with my perspective. All this talk of successful businesses and such is really great, but the true money in working in Thailand (and anywhere overseas) is in the MNCâ??s. Sure there are the success stories (like what is the guy that owns Minor Foods or anyone know J. Stamp?) and maybe even CT (taking into account you can be anyone you want you want on the Internet), but of the really successful people I know, and I mean people that have literally millions in investments waiting for them to retire, virtually everyone of them is a long term (20+ years) overseas worker.

So all of you hoping to make it big quick in a third world country, I strongly suggest you get a process engineering degree real quick, put in a couple years of some serious work in a home office, and then go overseas. There is still probably about 7-0 years left in the O&G boom.

TH

excuse my stupidity,

MNC? means...

and O&G?

Anyway I think that there are many ways to get money, and of course not overnight.

Those guys you talk off are veterans, but the world has changed alot since then, so my view is that there are other ways to skin a cat.

With the advent of the internet, the investment world has opened uop meaning you can work from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.

Trading is an ideal job to do from Thailand. Again there is substantial education and groundwork to go in before you can be successful. But its a possibility that wasnt there a few years ago...and I know a few guys who are doing this successfully from bangkok. Trading options on the ASX market etc.

Its something i ve been doing for 2 years and I m getting there now.

Also i think websites are very underdeveloped in this part of the world so theres more possibilities...

CT when you open be sure to let me/us know, i'll come down and earn my gold membership...would love to see what you get going...

Otherwise a gogo bar is not difficult to make successful...fill it with babes, 'they will come...' the problem is retaining the girls...as lots of teeraks will want to take them away and marry the poor souls...so you gotta make it attractive for the girls and customers...difficult balancing act....you could also offer an E*** guaranteed style service...plus a gimmick for girls who like 3 somes or anal...parhaps different coloured name/number tags for the level of service offered? I dunno, just a thought...would remove some of the embarrassing bullshit..

Archived