Tennis: a classic choke/submission

Tiger Moth

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the final stats of the match, I would say Roddick didn't play his best but did enough to win. The unforced errors were high on both sides and really, Murray had the better stats other than 1st serve percentage. Kind of odd.

Match Stats

I don't think either one played even close to well enough to beat Federer. If nothing changes, Federer should win in straight sets. I hope he doesn't though and would love to see what Mr. TM has to say. Actually, I think Roddick has proved he isn't laying down and dying already.

That's all you have to say?? Even after you've said that Murray will have to be off his game to win??? In his press conference after the game Murray said this......

“I thought I played well. I mean if you look at the stats, I hit more winners, less unforced errors, more aces."

He also said this......

"But if you look at the amount of winners I hit compared to him, I don't think that I could say I wasn't swinging freely. I think I hit twice the number of winners as him.â€Â

He needs to go back to math class though cuz not counting aces, he had only 8 more, 51-43.

Anyway, I was hoping for a little more praise for the underdog but no worries. :cover:

All in fun.

Archived