What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Wind River (2017) - very good - well worth a watch - Jeremy Renner is great, as are his supporting cast.

If you've ever wondered what the Olsen twins would look like as adults, Elizabeth Olsen does some fine acting in this, as the out of place FBI agent.

I recommend this flick.

Only reservation? (you'll get that reference when you watch it) The shoot out, is a little gratuitous IMHO, but then I'm not fond of everyone carrying guns.

• Like 1

Personal Shopper [2016]

Engaging phsicological thriller set in France that's a bit of a mixed bag but holds together well with a strong central performance about a rich artist's personal shopper who whist working also tries to get in touch with her recently deceased twin brothers spirit.

The Villainess [2016]

Strictly for those liking the Asian female assassin genre, this Korean film pacts a punch in a high octane blood fest.

Stuck on a transpacific plane for hours, I decided to watch Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm not into superheroes, but sci-fi is my thing. This film is well written, the special effects fantastic, and the acting excellent. Plus Robot (the humanoid raccoon) was a delight, while Zoe Saldaña was amazingly hot. (I've had a thing for her for years. I like multi-ethnics.) None of the other films interested me in the least, so I watched it all over again and enjoyed it just as much the second time. This one is fun.

Now to look for the 2017 sequel and see how it matches up. The reviews are good, though a sequel always lacks the freshness of the original.

post-98-0-08533100-1507514240_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-70070200-1507514263_thumb.jpg