Liquids And Gels on Thailand Domestic Flights

MooNoi

Its ok to take liquids and gels on Australian domestic flights without bagging them or facing any conifscations.

From Oz to Thailand, as long as they are in a 100ml containers and in a seperate plastic bag they are ok.

But what's the current situation on a domestic flight within LOS, such as BKK-HKT?

No point in me taking only cabin baggage if on my BKK to HKT flight I'm going to have all my toiletries confiscated!

I remember internally within Asia last month they were not allowing ANY liquids or gels at all on flights within Indochina, but what's the current situation for carry-on luggage within LOS?

Yep pain in the ass.

Must say that it wasn't only me and the 3 ladies but all other passengers passing at the security at swampy also had to leave their bottles of water and other similar stuff.

This is quite stupid as my girlfriend's sister was allowed to keep her hairpin, hairpin long and sharp enough to be more lethal than a simple knife.

:dunno:

"...as long as they are in a 100ml containers and in a seperate plastic bag they are ok."

There is an exception to this. We were recently boarding a plane in Singapore, and had a 250ml water bottle. A helpful staffer who was checking our luggage noticed that we were travelling with a baby, and advised us to pour that water in a baby bottle. Which we did and were then allowed to take that same water on board.

I had forgotten and recently took a bottle of CK1 100ml on a flight - was stopped - walked back to a boots - bought two bottle of 30 ml mouthwash - threw out the mouthwash *(40 baht a bottle I think) and in front of girls searching poured in the ck1 into the two bottles - was allowed through

DUH

• 2 months later...

Missed this here at Thai360 - the source of all Thai information (registered).

Anyway - the entire OUTBOUND security at BKK airport has changed since about 2 weeks ago (or since the last time I left BKK which was 2 weeks ago).

You now pass through security IMMEDIATELY after immigration - so no longer the security immediatly before the gates.

I sense this was a King Power decision - since now there is no reason to go to the gate (where there is no duty free retail) until the last minute. (Joking here) - I noticed my personal King Power embargo has been relaxed, many more people in the stores this last trip.

What does it mean really? You can now bring your own drinks on flights and also any other liquids that you purchase at duty free (notice the King Power connection)?

Warning - this does not apply to USA bound flights - I was flying intra-asia so there maybe other security at those specific gates - anyone?

I thought it was such a major change and didn't notice anyone mentioning it on this site.

Cheers!

Archived