Any Updates on Samui

ozbod1

I spent a week in Samui once brought my own BG so was not in the P4P areas so no comment on that. Stayed at a semi-highend place on the beach Rocky Resort; nice but too far from town and too many screaming Euro-brats at the pool. All in all I prefer Phuket for sea and sun but had a nice time.

S1

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was in samui for the weekend just past. was drinking in lamai with a young brit chap who had been staying there a few months. he summed it up well when he said "samui a bit short of fit birds idin it" I have to agree. place is very quiet at the moment which is to be expected but the beach sure was nice.

• 1 year later...

Just returned frtom Lamai and it was like always. Kinda quiet (which served me well after 8 month of continous work) with enough "Entertainment" during the nights. Prices at the barfront remained stable (200-300 BF, 1.000 - 1.500 LT) while prices for decent acomodation have exploded (3.800 for a bungalow, I spent 1.200 18 month before without any renovation of the place is ridicoulous).

Ended up in the good ole Mui Bungalow. Was a bit sceptic at first, cause the owner Dirk died in tzhe summer of 09, but his wife and the new husband run it as before. 800 for a decent small bungalow allows enough spending money for the extra ordinary dews.

If you just want to relax after a strenious time and have a little party along the way, this is still an option.

HB

Gone very quiet on the Chaweng/lamai front.

Any trip reports appreciated.....

Used to be a great place to get some R&R before hitting the mainland again.

I have fond memories of Samui. Been a few times but longest was in September 1997. I was fucked mentally and physically due to business problems. Stayed there for a month at Lolitta Bungalows in Maenam in the north of the island. Tiny bungalow (shack) on the beach for I think Baht 500 a night. Every morning out of bed and straight into the sea. Fantastic. Came back to Bangkok rejuvinated. :biggrin:

• 7 months later...

Just returned frtom Lamai and it was like always. Kinda quiet (which served me well after 8 month of continous work) with enough "Entertainment" during the nights. Prices at the barfront remained stable (200-300 BF, 1.000 - 1.500 LT) while prices for decent acomodation have exploded (3.800 for a bungalow, I spent 1.200 18 month before without any renovation of the place is ridicoulous).

Ended up in the good ole Mui Bungalow. Was a bit sceptic at first, cause the owner Dirk died in tzhe summer of 09, but his wife and the new husband run it as before. 800 for a decent small bungalow allows enough spending money for the extra ordinary dews.

If you just want to relax after a strenious time and have a little party along the way, this is still an option.

HB

Just heard, that they have torn MUI BUNGALOW down and putting up something high class (well for Lamai standards).

Too bad, liked the place.

HB

• 6 years later...

Just got back from Samui,

Chewang was a complete waste of time, mostly ugly girl on Soi Reggae and the other area near Henry Africa’s or whatever it’s calls

lamai was great tho, the beer bars were pretty packed with girls and it had a great atmosphere, they were looking for 500 Bf and 1500 short time. 

Id definitely go back