Dem Old Bones

gobbledonk

I guess years of a sedentary lifestyle are catching up to me, cause I eat a mountain of dairy and tuna - supposedly the thing for calcium and vitamin D. Long story short, I had an x-ray on my lower back and it revealed a crushed vertebrae and 'thin bones'. If you want to avoid the crushed vertebrae, dont get hammered and fall over in the shower - the rest is down to pure laziness. Time to get off my butt and start putting these old bones to work.

Well my old bones seem to be quite strong, at least the big round one on top of my neck is.

Fell down a marble staircase a few weeks ago and battered the old skull a few times on the way down, but it still seems to be intact. sick0023.gif

The downside was I started having dizzy spells the following week so went to the hospital where they took bloods and did a CT Scan and MRI (about Baht 60K) and discovered that part of my brain is missing?! :shocked:

I could have done without knowing that, but it does explain a few things. :hmmm:

• Like 1

Well my old bones seem to be quite strong, at least the big round one on top of my neck is.

The downside was I started having dizzy spells the following week so went to the hospital where they took bloods and did a CT Scan and MRI (about Baht 60K) and discovered that part of my brain is missing?! :shocked:

I could have done without knowing that, but it does explain a few things. :hmmm:

I also had a CT Scan 14 days ago - they complained my spleen and liver were damaged, not big news but who needs a spleen. My liver is still working however.

At our age we don't need a brain at all - according to ladies we're thinking with the smaller head anyhow....

Good luck and I look forward to further fights! Missing part of the brain - just a cheap excuse Munchie! Ready for a new match?

:cheerleader:

Its amazing just how tough the human body is when you consider that its a conparatively frail creation alongside many other mammals. Early man might not have had our giant brains, but he must have been a tough mofo. I guess he had a pretty basic choice - tough or dead.

For all this talk of 'thin bones', I have never had a fracture worthy of medical attention (rarely even go near a doctor's surgery) - lets hope that sort of luck holds up.

i used to like my CT scans,i was having around 5 a year due to my medical problem at the time.

but i used to have an argument each time due to my nipple ring,they wanted it removed but i argued it was no problem.

i had no idea how to remove the bloody thing and the staff(who had been friends for years)were surprised that i had a little knowledge.

i had 4 ultrasounds over a period of 2 years and each time my spleen was not found and i was asked if it had ever been removed?.

i think i would have known if it had been removed and surely there would have been some sort of scar,wether major surgery or keyhole surgery.

but the people doing the test could'nt explain it,good technicians/doctors they may have been according to their qualifications but repeatedly missing an organ in the body is not good in my eyes.

...i used to like my CT scans,i was having around 5 a year due to my medical problem at the time.

CT Scan was OK but MRI was very unpleasant. Wedged into this tunnel with your head in a cage, unable to move, for 20 minutes with all those whirring, beeping and banging noises. Not pleasant. Plus via a mirror I could see the medical staff pointing at the monitor that was showing my scan.

...but i used to have an argument each time due to my nipple ring,they wanted it removed but i argued it was no problem.

You have a nipple ring. Why?

...i had 4 ultrasounds over a period of 2 years and each time my spleen was not found and i was asked if it had ever been removed?. i think i would have known if it had been removed and surely there would have been some sort of scar,wether major surgery or keyhole surgery. but the people doing the test could'nt explain it,good technicians/doctors they may have been according to their qualifications but repeatedly missing an organ in the body is not good in my eyes.

So you still don't know if you've got a spleen or not? Strange although I suppose it could be hidden behind another organ? With the contents of the skull it's pretty clear if there's something there or not and in my case the front half of the upper part of the right lobe ain't there!

CT Scan was OK but MRI was very unpleasant.

i've had those as well and i never found them a problem.

and it helped working in a hospital where i would see the procedures a number of times during a week as i understood what was going on,many patients don't.

not that i'm saying you might have been confused.

You have a nipple ring. Why?

why not?.

So you still don't know if you've got a spleen or not? Strange although I suppose it could be hidden behind another organ?

quite possible,but i just find it odd no-one has ever found it when i've had the tests,something i cannot explain.

If you did not have a spleen you would really know it as your ability to fight off infections like phenomena would be greatly reduced. As I recall the literature, those who have had it removed have almost a 60% greater chance of dying of infections disease. Which is an astounding number.

Oh and a traditional MRI machine will rip a ferrous metal item right out of you. I saw one suck a steal bullet right out of a guy in Iraq. So I would not be surprised they would want you to take it out. In our labs, if you did not remove it, the test would not be run and you would have to pay us for wasting our time. But to each their own.