Year Long Stay Or Longer

That's what I would think, the three months as KS said where you leave the country would be the goods, he did say he wanted to see Laos, etc. It's only 3 departures from the kingdom, plus his departure date.

Red,

it's actually 4...if you want to max out a 1 yr Visa

If you leave (and come back) in say....the last week of your 12 mths, you get another 90 days

In short, worked properly, a 12 mth Visa is almost 15 mths

Cheers DS

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks guys, clear as mud lol, think my brain is scrabbling already just thinking of the return.

The study thing i could see being a hassle if i trip around unless they have the same brand of school in different locations, I wonder if i triped out for a week or two at a time to say lao or burma or the like would they see that as me not honouring my tuitalige?.

So im thinking most are leaning towards a multiple entry visa is that correct, and with that every tree months or just before i would have to do a visa run, or say go and visit lao for a week or so, then on re-entry provided i fly i would get anothe 3 months(have i got that right)how long would i be allowed to do that for, and do i go to the thai embassy in brissy to get this?

sorry to be a pain guys but thanks for your help so far

So a student visa isn't suitable for the OP's internded stay.

I don't know if they really check to see you are studying. As long as you've paid the language school, I doubt if they'd say anything. :dunno:

No idea how easy it is to get a 90-day multi-entry visa right now. Immigration changes its mind often, and it also depends on which consulate you go to.

So im thinking most are leaning towards a multiple entry visa is that correct, and with that every tree months or just before i would have to do a visa run, or say go and visit lao for a week or so, then on re-entry provided i fly i would get anothe 3 months(have i got that right)how long would i be allowed to do that for, and do i go to the thai embassy in brissy to get this?

Why do you think you need to fly?

I think that is only for the normal 30 days stamp that you get 30 days when flying and only 15 days when coming through the land borders.

for the 60 or 90 days visa it should not matter whether you arrive by plane or through land border

Don`t know if they still issue the triple entry tourist visa but that would be good for 9 months,or more if you spent a couple of weeks out of the country each time you have to do a run to the border. :twocents:

I havent seen any mention of such a visa on the various Consulate sites - if it exists, I imagine its not something they like to publicise, ga, publicize. KS, can we throttle the American who wrote this spell checker ?

I don't know if they really check to see you are studying. As long as you've paid the language school, I doubt if they'd say anything. :dunno:

No idea how easy it is to get a 90-day multi-entry visa right now. Immigration changes its mind often, and it also depends on which consulate you go to.

Note: if you go to a school like Pro language Institute (which has a good rep) you can easily study between Chiang Mai and Bangkok, though your 90 days reports to immi would always be in Bangkok (and yes, you do 90 reports on an ED Visa).

And, one of the more popular schools, which shall not be named but is known somewhat as a Visa mill, would allow you to study in several locations.

Though from the posters' words to use LoS as a base to hit SEA, the other visa is probably better, however, if you wish to stay in Thailand indefinitely and 'trip' around, making the effort to learn the language (and knock out a visa simultaneously) is a good ROI. IMO.

sorry about the excessive acronyms. WTF! :censored:

• 2 weeks later...

just been to the Thai embassy in brisbane. They tell me i cant get a multiple entry visa, because im not doing business or volunteering or studying.

Tell me i can get tourist visa which will allow me to get 3 entries each of 2 months, so 6 months in total, then i would have to leave the country and go to another embassy and apply for the same visa to give me the extra 6 months. But nothing changes as in its upto that consulate as to wether they will give me another visa of the same to be able to max out 1 year.

Anyway around this, ie is this true

thoughts help and guidance appreciated

Archived