I'm New Here, To The Forum I Mean

tjbr52

I've lived in Bangkok since 1983. I came here back in 1974 after I secretly married my Thai

sweet heart right out of college but it took me 9 years of struggling to get accepted before I

could come back. I'm a retired writer now. I just got my first book "Thai Lies" published on

Amazon last week. Before that I was a gemstone dealer in Bangkok.

...The book?....

Secretly married to his Thai girlfriend right out of college, an expat's nine year

struggle for acceptance. The journey bounces between the states and Europe and Cambodia

and all over Thailand. It's the only travel guide of the country you will ever enjoy reading with

stop offs in some secluded diving coves near Malaysia. The only foreigner crazy enough to

train and fight muay Thai boxing in the 70's. Just don't forget the sunscreen if you're around

the pool. It's over 500 pages. Out on Amazon January 1, 2013. And yeah, I'm still around,

living the Peter Pan fantasy.

So, I'm really looking forward to hearing how y'all made it over here, what you're doing to get by,

what exciting places you've been, what crazy predicaments you've been in, funny stories so I'll

feel better knowing I wasn't the only one who screwed up. All that good stuff.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"Seems like tjbr52 has just joined Thai360 to promote his book."

Yep, noticed that as well.

Tjbr52 if you start participating in the conversations without constantly referencing your book I'll ignore the occassional reference, but I will not have you use this forum solely to advertise your book.

Sanuk!

• 2 weeks later...

"So, I'm really looking forward to hearing how y'all made it over here, what you're doing to get by,

what exciting places you've been, what crazy predicaments you've been in, funny stories so I'll

feel better knowing I wasn't the only one who screwed up. All that good stuff. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9mwELXPGbA

Archived