moist eyes on departure

pattaya127

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil,

The trip back to the airport was actually the best part of my return - I found myself sitting next to a world-weary Canadian who gave me some new insights into the life of the long-distance LOS addict. He was a very perceptive guy, and just being able to talk to another Westerner was a huge relief.

It is hard to look out the window and watch Thailand whizzing by you, knowing that you're going back to something significantly less enticing.

My time in the terminal, however, was another kettle of fish. The bus had picked us up at 8:30am from Pattaya to ensure that everyone got to the Airport on time, and it meant spending over 4 hours in the terminal. There were plenty of tears (sunnies saved the day), although I recovered by the time I got on the plane.

The only remedy I can suggest is to stick to ST or make your farewells at least 24 hours prior to departure (I made mine that morning - ouch !). Thailand itself will still tug at you, but thats not what turned me into the basketcase that I was at Don Muang.

oh the last couple of days are hard.

every time i visit i see my regular and about 2-3 days before i leave she always gets upset and has her tearful moments and i always give her a hug and tell her 'no cry'.

but when we get to the airport it is always me that breaks down and she tells me 'you say no cry'

funny thing is she never seems upset at seeing me go!!!!!!!!.

Guest lazyphil

...but thats not what turned me into the basketcase that I was at Don Muang.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

hehe!

"The only remedy I can suggest is to stick to ST or make your farewells at least 24 hours prior to departure (I made mine that morning - ouch !). Thailand itself will still tug at you, but thats not what turned me into the basketcase that I was at Don Muang. "

best solution here is rather a visit to eden or similar ST to get those last shots out of the system!

anyway everybody knows that no matter how many shots one manage during a stay one will always long for more...

that's why we're LOS addicts ;-/

Just wondering... Do the TG's freak out when the males cry. I figure that in asian culture, the male is usually stoic and that the females are the emotional ones. Have you ever seen a Thai male shed tears? I may be wrong in this.

Me? The totality of emotion didn't hit me till I was back in SF. It's when I realized how quiet everything was here. But ya, the taxi ride to the airport at nite bites ass.

make your farewells at least 24 hours prior to departure

------------------

does not work! last year, the day before, Gf and I were going back to the condo thru Pattaya Klang, which, as you know, is full of flower shops. My Gf loves white roses, so i stopped in front of one and she asked me why did i stop. Told her why and she said no. I did not need explanation, another step towards the shop and both of us would have been like fountains. And she's usually tough! Went home, gave a buddy a few bahts and he gave them to her after i left. How macho can you get? LOL!

As you go thru the motion of hectically packing up, checking your documents, waiting for the airport transport, you can hold on, esp. for those who have to pay hotel bills as discussing this or that over-charge will turn the mood back to prosaic. It's when you start to be cute it hits you.

Archived