moist eyes on departure

pattaya127

(yes, this will become a poll too)

Expats, stay out of this one, you lucky bastards. You'll never know these emotions. Ok, ok,tell us....

So, do many of you have a moment where you crack down a little, or alm..oist?

I sure do. not always at the same moment. Sometimes, it comes when in the plane back (dammit, where are my sunglasses?), or the day before, when you do the last routine Lotus shopping, the last video pick-up, with GF. Giving a goodbye hug to a friend and his kids who live there. Or you behave pretty good giving the last kiss, but when you wave to her thru the glass window of the airport taxi/minibus....

I have long gave up taking her/them to the airport. that last look before you step into the customs is just too much!

And you know what? i am crying now..... No shit!

PS:last of the romantics? you bet.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i'm sure there are many that experience the emotions that you do and I would guess if you have a steady lady that you see , those emotions should emerge. Me on the otherhand , I don't get too attached (butterfly) and never had the thought of company to the airport , anyway why would she since her being the last , my wallet is already cleaned out. wink.gif

BadaBing

I think the worst for me was last Christmas. I left a day earlier than the friends I was with. So after checking in my luggage I decided to go to the airport bar. Thought I'd find some fellow male company to cry on and discuss how good a holidays we'd had. Only problem was, the place was full of foreign couples, and so was my flight back. Never have I been so quiet for such a duration in my entire life. Nearly broke down in the bar. Could have been quite embarassing.

Guest lazyphil

I think the journey by taxi to the airport is the worst, particularly at night for some reason. Just thinking about people back home who either don't understand or give a toss (both!) about your feelings about the place racing around your head, its horrible!

Archived