"miss" "ms."

gawguy

I send text msgs in Thai to women and I often like to call them "Miss Lek" - so I'll say "swasdiikhap khun Lek" in Thai. My intent is to be playful as it would be if I were writing or talking to a young farang woman friend in a casual way. It gets a smile.

I wondering if I'm totally off track trying to do this in Thai. Is there a better way to do it?

What do you think?

Thanks...GG

You send text messages to different women and like to call them all by the name Lex .. :help:

I put up a post on Thai smiles on this board, check it out. I'm sure the smiles you get are not because their happy.

You send text messages to different women and like to call them all by the name Lex .. :help:

I put up a post on Thai smiles on this board, check it out. I'm sure the smiles you get are not because their happy.

I use her nickname and Khun. "Khun Lek" for girl a named Lek. "Khun Pah" for a girl named Pah.

I'm trying to be a little funny, excessively polite. My question is: Do you think a Thai woman would find it funny?

Which rather begs the question as to what sort of wordplay would a Thai lady find amusing?

Which rather begs the question as to what sort of wordplay would a Thai lady find amusing?

When I send a txt to a lady who has come to my room a couple of time and I start out "Swasdeekahp TiRak" - that always gets a laugh.

" sawasdee " Used if you do not know the person or as a formal greeting. ( correct ) -------. Hello

" wadee " Can be used amongst friends or someone close to you ( short informal ) ------- Hi