Age Difference - does it matter ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, 007.

HT, I live in Oz - we have a lot of the same prejudices as any other Western country, but I think attitudes are slowly changing. At one time, mixed-race marriages were vary rare here - a lot less so now. I guess it is as much 'mail-order bride' thing as the age diff, but some people will always find fault in others - I just wish I wasn't related to so many of those people ...

Thankfully, there are no buffalo or villagers involved, so I believe that I'm off to a pretty good start :}

Artie....you're confused..... I wasn't addressing mixed relationships. I was addressing age difference...the question asked in your original post.

Hawaii is a melting pot of mixed relationships..a whole other topic.

HT

It doesn't matter about age along you can well understand each other. I also the one who loves with the man who is older than me 18 years old (like niece and uncle). I think now my thinking become adult different from my friends who still think they are still too young for having a family.

It all depends on the right person, the right time.

Jitty

I've had both artiew, a marriage of almost twenty yrs to a Thai woman my own age(that went ot shit) and several relationships with younger asian females. I'm over 50, I've had a few in their twenties that were mostly flings BG and non BG alike(although one non BG was talking the M word).

I actually perfer women in their early to mid thirties, there is something psychological about it on their part, they don't act as silly as the younger ones and seem more stable.

An asian woman in her 30's still has a good shelf life, the one I'm hooked up with now (Filipina) is 35 and can pass for early 20's. Our age difference doesn't seem to matter as I am still fairly active and she's slowing down.

As far as age goes, does it make a difference???? I think it depends on the couple. You take a guy in your analogy, mid 40's, fooling with a 20 YO, is he "fit" enough to go the distance, active, goes out, plays tennis or racket ball whatever and maybe swims or something? In other words does he keep fit enough and active enough to occupy a woman in her 20's who can be a bit restless?

If he is the type to sit around, getting shloshed, or some type of physical malday and she is "active" I would say the odds are against it working. I have seen many marriages in Asia (and the US) where there was a 10-20 year difference and worked fine. then there were others where "daddy" was to pooped to pop and baby san went out steppin'.

I wont say that Older man match ups are "common" here in the PI, but it is nothing unusual. Of course with falangs it is the norm, but some Fil to fil older man marriages are quite common. The same(generally) can be said of LOS.

Dentface

Hello Arti,

Age differences between 2 persons who love each other should not be an issue. If I recall it correctly, there was a Thai saying that a man should be older than a woman about 5 years, Khun GTG, Khun 007 and Khun Jittima, have you heard of this saying? I also was told too, that the reason of the saying was the way women age faster from bearing children, well one of us has to do the honorable duties!

I am married to a man 9 years older and I think he looks quite well and I do like looking younger than him. Have you never heard that a man as he gains years, he looks more distinguish? My husband seems to have better energy level than I and on the subject of nightlife, after 2 hours of ballroom dancing I am finished. I enjoy his intelligence and maturity, which my friends at my age seem to be lacking (my opinion of course, I am hard to please). We are supposed to make the best of today, so I would not worry about the age at all.

Cheers!

Jasmine said :

after 2 hours of ballroom dancing I am finished

Jas, after WATCHING two hours of ballroom dancing, I'd need a Bex (a headache potion here in Oz) and a good lie down :}

Looking 'distinguished' sounds great - looking like my wife's dad (OK - race issues aside..) doesnt thrill me.

Seriously, I can stay out until the wee hours, but it makes Saturday a washout, and I resent losing my weekends. Didnt seem to care when I was younger - I had so many years ahead of me then :}

Is this JUST about farang/BG couples, or any farang/Thai couples? Just thought I'd weigh in with my wife and I being just about the same age, but she wasn't a BG. I do expect, however, to have a mia noi in her early to mid-20s. Who knows? Maybe she hasn't even been born yet. smile.gif

Sam,

My initial post concerns ANY marriage where there is a substantial age diff between husband and wife, but particularly those with Farang males and Asian (note : 'Asian', not just Thai) women.

It really doesnt matter what the rest of the world thinks - the important thing is what we think. Still interesting to hear so many supportive views on this - yet again, the board members rock !

Archived