Airlines Move Toward Smaller Carry-On Luggage

baa99

It is excees baggage so should pay more

Yep and the excess baggage gets moor room in the hold, having paid for it.

So if a fatty has to pay more, does that mean my wife can pay less?

Should do, I think that would be fair, along with a smaller seat. I'd (and you'd) be better off with larger seats.

Actually, between you and your wife, you'd average two normal fares :) Now if only they could get you a large seat and your wife a smaller one. :)

• Like 1

What the planes should do, is have big seats at the front and slowly they get smaller as you get to tiny ones at the back. That way, all the important people, (Wives, Children, small men Politicians) are protected most, in case of a crash. And all us fellas get to make the plane front-heavy, which'll make it go faster right? Saving fuel and time.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely, let the market handle the price for luggage - pay as you go, and rules fully enforced. You want to fly that flatscreen back to the Philippines, need all that crap for Grandma in Arizona? Pay for the fuel to ship it, and I'll pay for mine, and we can all enjoy the rock-bottom ticket prices we'd like to see...

That reminds me.

It was midafternoon at Swampypoom. I was checking in with Cathay Pacific, for a late night flight to Hong Kong, connecting to SFO, ORD, and eventually Huntspatch.

The coach checkin line was full of men, apparently Indian, and every last one had a giant flatscreen TV with him.