Ok, So I don't want a GTG afterall....

Fidel

See... finally someone who knows what I'm talking about.

OK, I live in a small town and the GTGs that I've had anything to do with.. or have been encouraged to date have been.... well, very boring.

I know it's a cultural thing and that these girls are very nice but I just can't see myself playing the Thai good boyfriend part.

One girl who I've been encouraged to date comes from a relatively wealthy background. Her parents have bought her a house and a pick up truck. The problem is the girl won't even speak to me, whether I speak Thai or English.... and I have these Thai people telling me to "tell her what's in your heart... tell her you love her.." And what exactly gave them the impression that I want anything to do with this girl? Nothing that I can think of.

I know that if I dated any of these girls, they wouldn't go out at night... not even to the market or to a restaurant... they wouldn't even talk to me.....

So..... this'll be the last time I bitch about GTGs or being single.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Khun Fidel,

As I think I am GTG, please let me share my personal view..

1) You have no hope of getting laid this decade, unless you marry. ------> I have never heard this before!!

2) They think that having a drink.. even a social one, is a mortal sin and automatically makes you a bad person. ---------> how many GTG you have met? i think, now, in the year 2002, no-one think like that!

3) If you smoke.. God help you. ------> I smoke sometimes..

4) Even if they're 25 years old you have to ask their Mum and Dad if they can come out to dinner. ----------> Some girl do, some girl do not. Me and my friends do not!!

5) All they do is watch TV and do cross stitch. --------> Me and my friends like to go shopping and going out to drink and dance at night, we work so hard all week so we play hard as well smile.gif, we watch TV when we don't know what to do.. , we don't know how to do cross stitch..

It is many diffiernt kind of ladies in Thailand..man!

i guess you should move to a bigger town as the one you live in probably isnt the best place to find the "right kinda GTG" you're looking for. either that or you're going to the wrong places. even when you do get one, its not all plain sailing (as you well know) sometimes i want to go back to having BTG's again!

GTG...Thanks:-)

Fidel, I should have premised my words...I guess I am talking about city people. In my case, 90% of my friends are Chiang Mai people.

I don't know anyone from rural areas...so that may be another ball game altogether!

Guest lazyphil

My ex bg wife loves doing cross stitch and doesn't smoke and drinks modestly, ok she wasn't a virgin when we met, hell neither was I!!

And shes from Nonthaburi, not the country, not that I care where shes from.

Archived