Dna Testing In Bangkok

YimSiam

Anyone here have recent experience or knowledge of DNA testing in Bangkok? Seems I have need to go and check the paternity of a young girl with features rather similar to my own... The birthday and blood type match, but I will of course only be at full ease (if one can call it that) once the DNA has been confirmed (and yes, I suppose, reconfirmed by a second test... can never be too careful...).

Any advice on where to go for a reliable test carried out with integrity? What's required - blood from both myself and the child, I guess? Cost is not a consideration, just want to be confident there's not a mix up (or, my conspiracy-minded self whispers, influence in the process). And how long does it take? Result is conclusive, or still leaves room for doubt?

Many thanks.

YimSiam

I just googled and found a lot more. Google and you'll find maybe half a dozen. No idea which is best. Most hospitals don't seem to do it.

DNA testing usually uses a mouth swab. Easy as can be, but both you and the child need to be tested. It might be weeks for the results.

I've been tested for genealogical purposes. Other than discovering that I'm one of the 3 million or so alleged descendants of the 5th century Irish King Niall of the Nine Hostages, I learned that I'm about 5% Jewish and 2% native American. I don't think that's enough to claim my "birthright" or move onto a reservation. :(

You can do it at: Siriraj Hospital or at the Police HQ on Rama 1 Road (at one of the office buildings entered from the Henri Dunant Road side). In each of these cases you'd need to be comfortable speaking Thai otherwise you'll need a Thai with you.

Alternatively, Bumrungrad used to offer a service whereby they assign a nurse to you and you are taken across the river to Siriraj and it is all done there, with Bumrungrad effectively acting as an agent for you, handling everything and reporting the results - and adding on their fee, naturally.

Anyone here have recent experience or knowledge of DNA testing in Bangkok? Seems I have need to go and check the paternity of a young girl with features rather similar to my own... The birthday and blood type match, but I will of course only be at full ease (if one can call it that) once the DNA has been confirmed (and yes, I suppose, reconfirmed by a second test... can never be too careful...).

Any advice on where to go for a reliable test carried out with integrity? What's required - blood from both myself and the child, I guess? Cost is not a consideration, just want to be confident there's not a mix up (or, my conspiracy-minded self whispers, influence in the process). And how long does it take? Result is conclusive, or still leaves room for doubt?

Many thanks.

YimSiam

• Like 1

I just googled and found a lot more. Google and you'll find maybe half a dozen. No idea which is best. Most hospitals don't seem to do it.

DNA testing usually uses a mouth swab. Easy as can be, but both you and the child need to be tested. It might be weeks for the results.

I've been tested for genealogical purposes. Other than discovering that I'm one of the 3 million or so alleged descendants of the 5th century Irish King Niall of the Nine Hostages, I learned that I'm about 5% Jewish and 2% native American. I don't think that's enough to claim my "birthright" or move onto a reservation. :(

you'd look good perched on a sandstone mesa