No More Stickman?

Guy Himmaparn

Hi,

Sorry to hear this. While I have to admit I haven't read your column for years, it was a focal point for many with regards to the nightlife scene in Bangkok and I am sure it will be missed.

I can appreciate it takes a lot of time to write each week though and with no compensation for that time, I can understand you are reluctant to continue. One has to eat and pay bills after all.

Best of luck with whatever you plan to do next.

Sanuk!

• Like 2

Once upon a time I made a fair amount of extra money freelancing (print, not much internet, but enough to pay the rent). Unfortunately, nobody wants to pay writers anymore - not even the newspapers. They say they'll "give you a byline". Hell, bylines don't pay bills, plus I don't even write under my real name.

I hope they'll keep your site on line, since there's a world of information on it. I remember long ago when you told me you were going to do the site. I thought ... good luck. It's hard enough just doing a monthly column. Congratulations on your amazing stamina! Best wishes in whatever you do next.

I hope they'll keep your site on line, since there's a world of information on it. I remember long ago when you told me you were going to do the site. I thought ... good luck. It's hard enough just doing a monthly column. Congratulations on your amazing stamina! Best wishes in whatever you do next.

Thanks for the nice words. Yeah, when I look back I am amazed I kept it going so long, especially given that for the last 2 years I have been in New Zealand although admittedly I did spend many months in Thailand on and off last year.

I thing you need a huge readership online these days for a site to be commercially viable. The online business model is no longer just simple banner ads.

• Like 1