Colloidal Silver Turns You Blue—But Can It Save Your Life?

Coss

https://www.wired.com/story/does-colloidal-silver-work/

excerpt:

SILVER HAS BEEN a favored defense against infection since ancient times. Pliny the Elder reported in 78 AD that silver slag, the gunk left over from smelting silver, “has healing properties as an ingredient in plasters,†and Cyrus the Great, king of Persia from 550 to 529 BC, stayed healthy by drinking only boiled water stored in silver flagons. (According to Herodotus, mule-drawn carts laden with silver urns followed King Cyrus “whithersoever†he went.)

During the Middle Ages, monks popularized the use of silver nitrate, a salt formed by reacting silver with nitric acid, to treat ulcers and burns. Relative to other premodern health tips, these were actually pretty good ideas, because—as scientists discovered once they finally figured out germ theory—silver does have germ-fighting abilities.

The exact mechanism by which it attacks bacterial cells still isn’t clear, but scientists have some guesses. Silver is most toxic to microbes in its ionized form—AG+, same as in those silver nitrate salts—which seems to deactivate important microbial enzymes and potentially screw with DNA replication..... more at link above.

7048.jpg

I'm not denying this, au contraire, I find this fascinating, I use a roll on Underarm deodorant that purports to have silver in it, and it's the only one that works, against my army of supermutant underarm bacteria...

Though I am not a believer of the Homeopathic notion that 1 part in a zillion of something, can have an effect on a person as if they'd taken it full strength.

Try it with whiskey, take one drop of whiskey and put it in a gallon of distilled water, drink the lot and see if you get drunk :)

And on skin colour - Woman who dyed her skin is going to Africa to 'learn' to be black.

Another nutter...

martina_big_extreme_surgery_tanning_addict.jpg

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11930287

excerpt:

A white glamour model who spent £50,000 ($NZ90,000) on surgery and now identifies as black returned to ITV daytime show This Morning to reveal that she is going to Africa to "learn to be black".

Former air hostess Martina Big, who claims she is 28 and a size 6, has boosted her breasts to a size 32S. She claims it has taken just three tanning injections and her own powerful 50-tube sunbed has achieved her "dark, crispy brown" complexion.....