GF in jail

iuytrede

cited from the original poster:

>Today a son of her uncle, a politician, brought her out of jail (I have no idea how important this uncle really is nor do I know how close he is to her family). Tomorrow she has "to go to write signature at sanamlung".Next week she will get her sentence.<

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was in both The Nation and The Bangkok Post just a month or two back. The person concerned was a cashier at one of the toll booths for the expressway and collected the money and dispensed the tickets.

Oh, did you read about the case where tow car thieves were shot and killed by police...and neither of them had ANY weapon themselves, nor were they wanted for other crimes... If you can't do the time....

Stick

thanks for all posts

I was a bit confused about the seemingly contradicting posts of 007 and fly.

But my embassy told me that both is possible: normally shoplifting an article worth 1500 B should cost 20000 B.

But it depends on the judge.

Prison sentences are possible.

The embassy knows of a farang who has been sentenced to more than a year in jail for stealing much less than 1400 B.

>>>>The person concerned was a cashier at one of the toll booths for the expressway and collected the money and dispensed the tickets. <<<<

Ahhhh. This might explain it, then. He wasn't just stealing...he was stealing from the State. Probably held up as an example to all other state workers what can happen if they get a similar notion in their head. You think this might have something to do with it?

Sorry....getting a little off-topic here. Maybe this might make an interesting new thread in the Board Bar.

HT

Tell her you don't have the money, but you will try to borrow the money from your boss / bank / company. However, you will need proof to show them.

Obviously you trust her, but the people you are borrowing the money off don't know her.

She may send you some sort of proof. If she suddenly goes quiet, then it was probably a scam. If she responds, you can judge how she responds. You always have the excuse that you couldn't borrow the money after all.

It isn't an incredible amount of money, and it's possible she is telling the truth. At least give her a chance to prove it.

ranma

<<<<<<< shoplifted 3 bottles of perfume (value 1400 B) at Carrefourto show off to her mom and sister. She got caught >>>>>>>

Why does she need to pay the store back when she got caught? Did she smash the perfume of the floor? She had to have been caught at the scene....with the perfume.

I think iuytrede already knew what people on this board would say. Man sounds like sometimes there TG will work ya over good. Tell her a sob story, something about how you had to borrow money to pay your rent and at this time, you can not help. Just an idea. Let us know what you decide/the outcome.....

dont get involved, if the cops know she is trying to contact her farang boyfriend for cash etc,,the cops eyes will open and scare her into trying real hard to get money from you, if you do nothing, let the thai system take care of her, it wont be that bad, return the goods/? no? then replace the good, she is poor girl, they wont send her to prison, maybe just waiting jail, that will be enough..

dont get involved..

The amount the cops wanted sounds high, if she's a poor Issaan Thai BG. However, if her family has the trappings of money, then the cops could ask for this much.

Also, it's interesting how quickly the courts seem to be moving. I knew of a girl's brother on drug charges, and it took 3 months just to set the first date before a judge.

It could be real, but the odds are your BG is making this all up. You can verfiy this real easy. Tell her you want the case number if it's going to trial so soon. Odds are she'll make some excuse to not give it to you.

ABC

Archived