What does "I love you" mean?

pattaya127

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, but he wrote that SHE taught HIM "poom rak khun" she is not saying to him "poom rak khun". Unless the other poster is a girl there is no reason for that mini-'rant'.

Hi sad1960,

Let's be nice here. I think Fly simply mis-understood, and I would not concider his one sentence post with a smiley face at the end, a rant, mini or otherwise. When I first read it, I thought the same thing. An honest mistake, and his post was written in a joking manor, devoid of any flaming, or attempt to be a smart-ass. Re-read, and I would hope that you agree.

What does "I love you" mean to a Thai? All I know is that I have read that they don't say it very often. To them, talk is cheap, and if you show it, you really don't need to say it. That's my impression anyway. That concept is a good one. I think they got it right, in this area. More so than us in the west.

HT

And you're over-reacting now, I was not really ranting flyonzewall. Certainly the smilie at the end of his post identifies his post as a joke, as well as the end of my post where I wrote MINI and RANT (rant within quotes).

Sense of humor has also different meanings for all of us; relax.

sad1960,

I just came from "GD", where I see you two involved in a personal dispute, which now explains your post here, a little better, to me.

I'm telling you to drop further discussion. You want to have a cyber-wrestling match with Fly, then fine. Do it through PM's to him, or a mod. You will not be allowed to do it in this forum. Any further postings that you make, that are not on topic, will be deleted. End of story.

I am more than happy to discuss this with you through a personal message.

HT- 'Relationships' moderator

>All I know is that I have read that they don't say it very often. To them, talk is cheap, and if you show it, you really don't need to say it. That's my impression anyway.

HT, not only yours and not only an impression.

According to a girl I know, with younger Thais, anything more frequent than once per month may point to a dishonest behaviour. Once or twice a year is normal.

Older people (like her parents) have never said "Love you" in their life!

As farangs, we are excused from the rule.

Still, we can't end a phone conversation without saying that.

My "version" has a slight deviation - always say "lub you too mutt" and she laughs back the same thing.

or it's like my missus, after more than eight years we still have a different opnion on who is the husband and who is the wife in our relationship...an ongoing argument between us smile.gif

Got to agree with you here. It is amazing how my girl can get me to do the things she wants even though it is 'Up to you'.

When I am against doing something, I somehow find myself doing it at the end of the day and thinking its my idea. Upon reflection, I can actually trace the steps where she expertly manipulated me.

Archived